Shop and Cafe
Updated 12th April 2021
Our onsite shop/cafe will reopen to the public from 9am on Tuesday 13th April for produce sales and *take-away.
We have designated a small number of outdoor tables and chairs for take-away customers to use. Customers must be seated outdoors when eating or drinking food or drinks at our site.
Customers entering the shop/cafe must wear a face covering
* cakes, scones hot and cold drinks, ice-creams and savouries – our food cooked/prepared to order menu is not currently operating. This will be revised as our new decking area is completed and we are able to commence full table service.
Shop/café opening hours are 9:00am to 4:15pm Monday to Friday.
Our priority is to ensure the continued safety of our staff, customers and trainees and along with our new facilities you will notice some changes when you visit including:
- Customers entering the shop/cafe must wear a face covering (or display their exemption card (children under the age of 11 are exempt))
- We are limiting the number of customers in the shop/café at any time, with queuing 2m apart to enter.
- Hand sanitiser stations are located at entrance door touch pads and inside the shop/cafe
- All customers entering the shop and every person in their party using our table and chairs for take-away service must register their contact details using NHS test and trace QR code or provide details to staff. Customer contact details will be retained for 21 days.
- A number of designated outdoor tables and chairs are designated for take-away customers
- The customer toilet is situated within the shop/café
- Our preference is for contactless payments, although we will accept cash
- Under social-distancing guidance, we unfortunately will not be able to offer assistance to customers who have additional mobility needs; please come with a friend or relative who can assist you.
- Our staff will still have a friendly smile and welcome beneath their face mask, unfortunately they won’t be able to chatter and natter with customers as much as they could in the past.
- Only assistance dogs are permitted inside the shop/café. Dogs on leads are welcome in our outdoor areas.
- The maximum outdoor table size is 6 people or 2 households (infants and children are included in these numbers).
Indoor Table Service – suspended until further notice.
• No advance booking required; dining at our cafe remains by walk-in
• Currently, a maximum of four customers can dine together inside (based on our table capacity) and a maximum of 6 people outside.
• Hand sanitiser will be provided at the café entrance and check-in
• At least one member of the group must check-in for Test & Trace purposes. You can check yourself in using the NHS COVID-19 app on your phone by scanning the QR code provided. If you do not have the app on your phone, we will take your details at the till point securely.
• We can accept cash payment as well as card but would prefer contact-less card payment where possible
• All tables are well spaced out for your safety and comfort. Please wait to be seated and do not sit at a table which has not been cleared or move used crockery; allow us to fully sanitise before you sit down.
• Please wait at your table for a server to take your order
• All food and drinks will be delivered to a collection table near to you
In line with government guidance, you must now wear a face covering whenever you are inside our shop/café unless you are exempt.
It is not expected for people to wear face coverings while dining, however, please wear your covering whilst queuing, paying for food, leaving your table to exit the café or to visit the toilet. Face coverings can be removed once seated.
Menu and Produce
We will be revising our food and produce offering to customers while continuing to offer a wide range of “Apuldram Centre” favourites and complementary locally sourced produce. Our cooked/prepared to order menu of breakfast all day light bites, lunchtime specials and afternoon tea is not currently available.
Florence Park Kiosk
Our kiosk situation in Florence Park remains open 7 days a week 9.30am to 4.30pm (weather dependent).
We very much look forward to you visiting and saying hello from a safe social distance.