Shop and Cafe
Updated 4th January 2021
With the recent update to the UK Gov tier system, we are now in tier 4. This means that unfortunately the Shop & Café will remain closed until further notice. We aim to re-open just as soon as we can.
The good news is that (weather and UK Gov restrictions permitting) the kiosk at Florence Park will remain open as a takeaway service and we hope to be back at the Chichester Farmers’ Market in January/February/March too, subject to UK Gov guidance.
Most importantly, the current rules allow us to continue our work supporting our many service users at home and as day visitors. Stay safe in these challenging times and we are excited that there is light on the horizon for everyone in the coming weeks and months. See you soon!
Shop/café opening hours are 9:00am to 4:15pm Monday to Friday.
Our priority is to ensure the continued safety of our staff, customers and trainees and along with our new facilities you will notice some changes when you visit including:
• We are limiting the number of customers in the shop/café at any time, with queuing 2m apart to enter.
• Sanitiser stations are located at entrance door touch pads, table service check-in and outside the shop/café toilet (now situated within the shop/café)
• Our preference is for contactless payments, although we will accept cash
• Under social-distancing guidance, we unfortunately will not be able to offer assistance to customers who have additional mobility needs; please come with a friend or relative who can assist you.
• Our staff will still have a friendly smile and welcome beneath their face mask, unfortunately they won’t be able to chatter and natter with customers as much as they could in the past.
• Only assistance dogs are permitted inside the shop/café.
• There is a new shop/café takeaway service point as you enter the shop for drinks, light bites, bread, preserves and other goods; we are not currently permitting customers to browse.
• We are offering table service inside the café, with a maximum of 4 people per group/table including infants and children.
• No advance booking required; dining at our cafe remains by walk-in
• Currently, a maximum of four customers can dine together inside (based on our table capacity) and a maximum of 6 people outside.
• Hand sanitiser will be provided at the café entrance and check-in
• At least one member of the group must check-in for Test & Trace purposes. You can check yourself in using the NHS COVID-19 app on your phone by scanning the QR code provided. If you do not have the app on your phone, we will take your details at the till point securely.
• We can accept cash payment as well as card but would prefer contact-less card payment where possible
• All tables are well spaced out for your safety and comfort. Please wait to be seated and do not sit at a table which has not been cleared or move used crockery; allow us to fully sanitise before you sit down.
• Please wait at your table for a server to take your order
• All food and drinks will be delivered to a collection table near to you
In line with government guidance, you must now wear a face covering whenever you are inside our shop/café unless you are exempt.
It is not expected for people to wear face coverings while dining, however, please wear your covering whilst queuing, paying for food, leaving your table to exit the café or to visit the toilet. Face coverings can be removed once seated.
Menu and Produce
We will be offering customers a wide range of “Apuldram Centre” favourites and complementary locally sourced produce. We will be serving breakfast from 9.30am, all day light bites, lunchtime specials and afternoon tea.
We very much look forward to you visiting and saying hello from a safe social distance.